A Pre-Assessment Nurse will call you prior to surgery to review your health history if you have not completed a online health history or if there are additional questions. Reviewing your health history before the day of your procedure will reduce the chance of your procedure cancelling due to unforeseen anesthesia or surgical risks.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent your procedure from being canceled or delayed.
Food and Drink Guidelines Before Surgery
No food or drink after midnight the day prior to your surgery unless instructed otherwise (Ex: some gastrointestinal procedures and procedures that do not require anesthesia)
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Please notify The Facility & Your Surgeon if the following occur:
- Develop a fever, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea since your last appointment with your surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- Suspect you may be pregnant.
- If you are taking: weight loss medication, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these medications one week before your surgery, due to anesthesia and/or surgery risks.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, medication list including herbal and over-the-counter medications with dosages.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or if you use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the pre-registration department at 940-383-7127 as soon as possible.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.